Louise Henderson Nelson Member Scholarship
The applicant must be a citizen of the United States of America, a resident of Pennsylvania, a high school graduate and be currently employed by an educational institution.
An applicant must be a current member in good standing with PAEOP and NAEOP for at least two consecutive years. The applicant must be enrolled in the Professional Standards Program for NAEOP.
The scholarship will be granted for use in gaining Education points only. Education points may be secured under any of two options listed in the PSP brochure, course certificates or semester hours of college work. If granted, the funds cannot be applied to credits received prior to receiving the scholarship. The scholarship will be awarded on the basis of initiative and motivation toward higher education.
The number and amounts of scholarship to be awarded each year will depend upon the availability of funds. The Scholarship Committee will make a recommendation to the Executive Board for approval.
Final selection(s) will be made by April 1. Announcement of the winner(s) will be made at the annual PAEOP Conference. The application form must be received by the Scholarship Chair on or before March 1st of each year.
Please submit the following documents with the;application:
- Copy of the “Check-off List” from the PSP registrar for NAEOP must be attached to the application. No application will be considered without this list.
- Copy of membership cards documenting two consecutive year memberships in PAEOP and NAEOP. A letter from the PAEOP and NAEOP Membership will be accepted in lieu of cards.
- Copy of high school diploma OR a GED certificate, OR a notarized statement of completion of high school from an appropriate official of the institution.
- Form V, Application for upgrading of certificate level for those persons who have received a certificate and have applied for a higher level certificate.
- Three letters of recommendation and a current job description.
The following guidelines must be followed:
- Use your full name and address on application.
- Incomplete applications will be disqualified.
- The format of the application form may not be changed in any way.
- Failure to submit all requested information, and to follow all guidelines, will result in disqualification. No exceptions will be made.
The Scholarship Committee Chair will keep a record of the fund administered to the winner(s). Upon approval by the President, the Treasurer will issue the reimbursement to the winner(s). The Scholarship Committee Chair will provide the winner(s) with expense voucher(s).
The winner(s) will submit the following to the Scholarship Committee Chair:
- A completed expense voucher
- A copy of the grade(s) for the course(s)
- Proof of payment for course(s) and related materials/books
No payment will be made if a grade of C or better is not attained or if the course(s) is (are) not passed. (Pass/Fail). All materials submitted shall become the property of The Pennsylvania Association of Educational Office Professionals.
Questions and/or contributions should be directed to:
Bonnie J. Miller, CEOE Chairman
LHN Member Scholarship Fund
2432 Greensburg Pike
Pittsburgh, PA 15221
Work Phone #: 412.342.4386
Cell #: 412.877.9036
Work Emai: firstname.lastname@example.org