The Gertrude E. Kopf Award of Recognition
Who is Eligible
- The candidate must be employed in an educational institution.
- The candidate must be a PAEOP member in good standing for at least one full year and with membership dues paid for the current year.
- <A candidate may only receive the Kopf Award once during their educational office career. Please refer to the former recipients list.
- Membership Verification obtained from PAEOP Membership Director, Marilyn Martin, CEOE. Contact Marilyn at Marilyn_Martin@conestogavalley.org
- Completed nomination form (found on PAEOP website)
- Three (3) letters of recommendation:
- One other person familiar with candidate’s job performance
- Copy of candidate’s official job description
- Administrative approval for the nominee to attend the annual PAEOP conference (signature required on nomination form)
*If the sponsor and supervisor are the same person, then a letter from another school administrator who is familiar with the candidate’s job performance must be secured so that a total of three (3) letters of recommendation are received. Non-PAEOP members, as well as PAEOP members, are invited to sponsor a candidate of their choice.
Procedure and Basis for Final Selection:
- Nomination form, three (3) letters of recommendation,* job description, and PAEOP membership verification must be received on or before March 1st each year.
- The Chair reviews the nomination applications and accompanying documents to determine the eligibility of candidate(s). If a candidate’s eligibility is questionable, the determination is made by the President. The Chair removes all identifying information from applications and accompanying documents prior to submitting them to the awards committee members for selection of the award winner. The Chair gives no further input to the Committee.
- Three or more members of the awards committee, excluding the Chair, determine the award winner by reviewing the anonymous application packets of all qualified candidates with the decision of the committee being final. Award reviewers will utilize the "Reviewer Rating Sheet".
- Committee members report their individual selection to the Chair in writing.
- The Chair presents the winning candidate to the President of PAEOP for her concurrence.
*All letters of recommendation must include specific contributions made by the candidate to education and to the district or institution (cite examples) and may include contributions to professional educational associations, if any. Primary consideration is given to contributions in education. Letter writers may want to consider the Kopf Award Reviewer Rating Sheet (above) when preparing letters of recommendation.
For additional information contact:
Sherri Moyer, CEOE
Submit nomination packet via mail or email to:
Middletown Area School District
55 West Water Street
Middletown, PA 17057
717-948-3300 ext 1005